Posted by Brenna on Monday, December 1, 2008 at 4:33pm.
Our assignment is to write a poem on each of the types of figurative speech.
I have completed every one of them except understatement and paradox. I understand what they are. I just can't seem to figure out how to incorporate them into a poem. Can you help give me some ideas?
Thanks so much!
- Gifted+Talented English-(Figurative Speech Poetry) - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 4:42pm
An understatement states that something is less than it really is.
When I went outside without a coat in 10-degree weather, I felt a little chilly.
Albert Einstein was kind of smart.
"A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true: the paradox that standing is more tiring than walking."
- Gifted+Talented English-(Figurative Speech Poetry) - SraJMcGin, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 4:44pm
Here's a GOOGLE Search where you might find something:
- Gifted+Talented English-(Figurative Speech Poetry) - Brenna, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 4:48pm
Thanks so much! :)
- Gifted+Talented English-(Figurative Speech Poetry) - Anonymous, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 6:55pm
you are talented because you are really good blahblahblhablahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah and you know the rest
- Gifted+Talented English-(Figurative Speech Poetry) - young cash, Tuesday, March 6, 2012 at 7:00pm
young money cash money yo jayz you got the power peace out you rock my mind of bro you make me wanna dance love your music by the way are you going out with beyonce cause that aint fair get someone else like rihanna are somethin you should be partner with little wayne bro you blow my mind off you cool bro call me ...... And that's the answer for your question if you need more help call me 954 233 3456.
I'm the smart one.
Thanks. Hope you get an A.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1.What figure of speech is this? I think it is personification "Death ...
- English - I have a question about a figure of speech: The Truth must dazzle ...
- british Lit-URGENT - The speaker in Ted Hughes's poem "Hawk Roosting" is the ...
- English - Please someone explain these to me!!! I've put in the answers that i ...
- English - In the following lines, Juliet is speaking of her tears, as if they ...
- Figurative Language - LAST ONE LOL - Question : Her smile was as sweet as ...
- English - 1.) Identify the type of figurative language in the sentences below (...
- English - Can someone please tell me what, if any, figure of speech is used here...
- Literature - Is the following an example of a simile, metaphor, paradox, or ...
- literary - EXAMPLES: character types, climax, denouement, epiohany, euphemism, ...