Posted by please help me on Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 1:38pm.
Indentify each sentence below with Simple, compound, complex, or compound-complex.
Could you pleas tell me if these are correct?
1. After they defeated Germany in World War II, the Allies divided Germany and its capital city, Berlin, into four sectors: a British sector, a French sector, an American sector, and a Russian sector. Compound-complex
2. The Russian sector became the German Democratic Republic, or East Germany, and Berlin was in that sector. Compound
3. The East Germans tried to make Berlin their capital, but ultimately they could only have East Berlin because the Americans, French, and British controlled West Berlin. Compound-complex
Grammar - GuruBlue, Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 1:42pm
#1 is incorrect.
#2 is correct
#3 is correct.
Grammar - please help me, Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 1:43pm
so is #1 complex? because that is the only choice left.
Grammar - GuruBlue, Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 1:48pm
LOL.... Yup... The dependent clause is
After they defeated Germany in World War II
The independent clause is
the Allies divided Germany and its capital city, Berlin, into four sectors: a British sector, a French sector, an American sector, and a Russian sector.
Notice the colon... the there is a list of sectors following it. There is only one verb. Basic part of the sentence is Allies divided Germany and Berlin.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Grammar - Indentify each sentence below with Simple, compound, complex, or ...
- English - Identify the structure used in each of the sentences below. 1. The ...
- grammar - Indentify each sentence as simple, compound, complex, or compound-...
- English-Grammar - Although he was born in Scotland, he became a hero of the ...
- English-Grammar - After the war, American shipping became vulnerable to attacks ...
- English - Choose the term that describes the type of sentence shown. If you are ...
- Grammar - Hi there, I am stuck on some Grammar questions, and need some help. 1...
- Language arts check answers - If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. simple ...
- 8th Grade Language Arts Ms. Sue Help - Select whether the sentence below is a ...
- English Help!!! Correcting Grammar - Choose the word in the following sentences ...