Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, November 29, 2008 at 12:59pm.
Please Check my work and help me to answer the questions i could not get.
Measure the cube that you are given. Complete the chart on the next page for your cube, then fill in the spaces for two other cubes, one measuring 1 cm on an edge and the other measuring 0.5 cm on a side. The ratio of surface area volume should be divided so that it is expressed as square cm per cubic cm.
(1)Length of 1 Edge- 2.5
(2)Area of One Side- 6.25
(3)Total Surface Area- 37.5
(4)Volume- 2.5 squared
(5)Ratio of SA/Volume (reduced to /1 cc)-
1 cm cube:
.5 CM cube:
(4) .5 squared
Please check the above math and help. Also:
1. If a cell is made smaller and smaller, what happens to the ratio of surface area to volume. (It Decreases?)
2. Of what value is it to a cell to have a large surface area to volume ratio?
3. How does having small cells affect the metabolic rate that is possible in these cells?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Bio - Please Check my work and help me to answer the questions i could not get. ...
- Math, Please check answers - I do not want to fail this, could you please help ...
- Pre-Cal - a red number cube and a white number cube are rolled. Find the ...
- Calculus - An ice cube is melting such that the side of the cube is decreasing ...
- MATH! - If the edge of a cube is increased by 50%, then the volume is increased ...
- math133 - ) Solve algebraically and check your potential solutions: sqrtx+2+0 ...
- Algebra-Please check my work - Posted by JoniAnne on Wednesday, October 20, 2010...
- Science - Michael dropped a 1 inch cube of wood and a 1 inch cube of laed into ...
- Math - I really do not want to fail this project, could anyone please help me ...
- Science - Sarah heated two cubes of aluminum to 50 degrees celsius. Cube B has a...