Posted by Cynthia on Friday, November 28, 2008 at 6:40pm.
I am confused on my homework which is to name the function and the form in the sentence, the part in parenthesis. Do I have these right or wrong?
1)Biking is also a good reason for (visiting Oregon).
2)I think that being (a doctor) would be exciting.
3)(To get into a good medical school) is not easy.
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:26pm
#1 gerund is correct, the usage is incorrect.
2. noun clause not phrase, and it is not the subject.
#3 is correct.
- English - Cynthia, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:45pm
Is this correct?
1. Function-subject complement
- English - Writeacher, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 8:59pm
1. No. Its function is as object of the preposition "for."
2. Are you sure only "a doctor" was the intended segment of the sentence you must analyze?
- English - Cynthia, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 10:26pm
2. Yes, (a doctor) is the only part in parenthesis.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Ms. Sue - ACT Test - I was wondering if you had any experiences with the english...
- English - 1) How many U.S. presidents can (you) name? (2) In the year 2000, U....
- English - Jay Z has multiple sides to him; he teaches us how to be a successful ...
- Chemistry - IGNORE MY FIRST POST. I CORRECTED THIS ONE Write IUPAC name of the ...
- English - Did I properly quote this sentence? Feldman is the author from my ...
- English - What, if anything,is wrong with the following sentence? a. Properly ...
- English - A: Well, I can't exchange goods without a receipt. B: Look -- this is ...
- Social Studies - I'm working on this project where we are assigned a part of ...
- verbs - While he was biking this morning, Zach had seen a small accident. A huge...
- Sentences - What kind of sentence is this: Noah Webster supported himself ...