Posted by Cynthia on Friday, November 28, 2008 at 6:40pm.
I am confused on my homework which is to name the function and the form in the sentence, the part in parenthesis. Do I have these right or wrong?
1)Biking is also a good reason for (visiting Oregon).
2)I think that being (a doctor) would be exciting.
3)(To get into a good medical school) is not easy.
English - GuruBlue, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:26pm
#1 gerund is correct, the usage is incorrect.
2. noun clause not phrase, and it is not the subject.
#3 is correct.
English - Cynthia, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 7:45pm
Is this correct?
1. Function-subject complement
English - Writeacher, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 8:59pm
1. No. Its function is as object of the preposition "for."
2. Are you sure only "a doctor" was the intended segment of the sentence you must analyze?
English - Cynthia, Friday, November 28, 2008 at 10:26pm
2. Yes, (a doctor) is the only part in parenthesis.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - 14. Which sentence contains words in italics that form a gerund phrase...
- English - What is a verb form ending with -ing called? 1. gerund infinitive ...
- English - Still doing good in English, I hope. Sentence---Yesterday during the ...
- english - 2.Which sentence uses correct parallel construction? A. The painter ...
- English - 1. Complete the sentences by using the words in the parenthesis. 2. ...
- Pharmacy - when a generic form of drug is prescibed, which of the following must...
- English! - I have two questions that I'm not quite sure on. In the sentence 'To ...
- english - I have a test review and i need to know if i got these right. test is ...
- English - First, identify the gerund in the sentence below. Then, replace the ...
- English grammar - Select all the statements that apply to the sentence below. ...