Posted by G on Friday, November 28, 2008 at 10:15am.
I am going to take the CLEP (College Level Examination Program) College Algebra examine. I am trying to decide on what books I should use to prepare for this examine.
The following is what is going to be covered in this examine:
25% Algebraic operations
Factoring and expanding polynomials
Operations with Algebraic expressions
Operations with exponents
Properties of logarithms
25% Equations and Inequalities
Linear equations and inequalities
Quadric equations and inequalities
Absolute value equations and inequalities
Systems of equations and inequalities
Exponential and logarithmic equations
30% Functions their properties
Definition and interpretation
Representation/modeling (graphical, numerical, symbolic,
verbal representation of functions)
Domain and range
Albebra and functions
Graphs and their properties (including intercepts, symmetry,
20% Number systems and operations
Sequences and series
Factorials and Binomial Theorem
Determinants of 2-by-2 matrices
I have looked at several review books and text books. They all seem to approach the information in a different manor.
Would you happen to know if the following books cover the information I need to prepare for the examine?:
Teach Yourself Visually Algebra by David Alan Herzog
Effortless Algebra by Maran
If these books are not adequate would you happen to know of a book that is?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- grammar - In the following sentence select the compound predicate. We could ...
- persuasive essay!! - Is it better to go to college and be successful or open ...
- Test Prep for College Final - I have been taking a distance learning course the ...
- College Help - I'm going to college this September, and would like to know of ...
- college - Do students at various colleges differ in how sociable they are? ...
- statistics - At a small college it is known from previous years that 35% of all ...
- Algebra - I am going to take an Accuplacer math placement test later this week. ...
- Math - If there are 380 seniors and 29 out of every 40 plan on going to college ...
- Statistics - A high school counselor is interested in the percentage of students...
- College Algebra - When using the Quadratic formula, why is only necessary to ...