Posted by Kendra on Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 4:23pm.
1)In what ways are the societies described in "The Children of Men" and "Brave New World" dystopias?
2)For what common reasons do the characters of "The Children of Men" and "Brave New World" rebel against their respective societal values?
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 4:27pm
These sites may help you formulate your answers.
English - Kendra, Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 4:47pm
Thanks very much. I was able to answer the first question, but I am still unsure about the second question.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 4:49pm
Why did the characters in each book rebel? Do you see a common reason or theme?
English - Kendra, Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 5:21pm
i don't really see common reasons why the characters rebel but i see similarities in plot. I see that the characters are opposed to the values of the society they live in, but it's required that I provide at least three reasons as to why the characters rebel against their respective dystopic society.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 5:55pm
What values do the characters of both novels disagree with?
Although I've read Brave New World, I've only read the plot synopsis of The Children of men.
Aren't both societies dictatorships that remove individual freedoms? You could go into detail about the this loss of freedom in each book.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 27, 2008 at 6:22pm
You're welcome. I'm glad that I was able to help you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - This is in regard to the novels 1984 by George Orwell and Brave New ...
- "Brave New World" - I am writing an essay after reading the first 3 chapters of...
- lititure - what are the cause and effect of these things in brave new world? In ...
- Brave New World - Is it possible that when Aldous Huxley wrote Brave New World ...
- English - Why is there so much Shakespeare incorporated into "Brave New World"? ...
- Brave New World - Have any f you read "Brave New World?" If so, I would ...
- English..Ms.Sue(take a look here please) - Discuss the society in Brave New ...
- English urgent please:) - I wrote the thesis but wat do i make the conclusion ...
- English 3 - What part of this selection from The Woman Warrior best illustrates ...
- Maths - There were a some men, women , children in a hall.there 1 1/4 times as ...