Posted by E.G. on Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 2:18pm.
Could you please tell me the following:
if it is a group of all women talking, do you still say:
"nous sommes venus" or is it
"nous sommes venues" ???
Thank you so very much!
FRENCH - Raphael, Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 5:16pm
it's "nous sommes venus" because its the verb "être" (be)
FRENCH - E.G., Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 5:25pm
Thanks! I know if it is a mixed group, then the masculine form is used, but I figured if it is all women who are speaking, then it should be the feminine form.
FRENCH - SraJMcGin, Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 8:12pm
Absolutely correct, E.G.! :)
Sra (aka Mme)
all men = masculine plural
1,000 men and 1 woman = masculine plural
all women = feminine plural
FRENCH - E.G., Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 9:52pm
Thank you very much, Mme.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- FRENCH-Sentences - 1. Nous sommes arrivés à un champ où nous avons joué le jeux ...
- FRENCH - Another exercise. You just completed a month long family stay in ...
- FRENCH - Sra, thanks so much for the help yesterday with my French. Here is the ...
- French - Could you please assist me with double checking my answers? Thank you! ...
- FRENCH - *Des vacances speciales* Pensez à des vacances spéciales (ou ...
- French - 1. Nous sommes alles faire du ski 2. Nous avons quitte Strasbourg assez...
- To SraJMcGin - *Des vacances speciales* Pensez à des vacances spéciales (ou ...
- FRENCH - Sra here some of the other sentences: 1. Nous sommes allés à boum, et ...
- french - Can you help me with these sentences. I have to translate them into ...
- FRENCH/Sra JMcGin - Bonjour! Pourriez-vous me dire, s'il vous plait, quelle de ...