Posted by Lost and Need Help on Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 9:27pm.
Match the psychological theories with the appropriate statement(s):
Learning Theory Sociocultural
A. Individualism versus collectivism
B. Popular theorist Eysenck initiated the five-factor model.
C. The healthy personality is found in balancing the social self with the individual self.
D. Genetics determine the traits for a healthy personality, but how those traits are expressed are influenced by learning experiences, development of skills, and the ability to choose our own actions.
E. Popular theorists include Maslow and Rogers.
F. Popular theorists include Freud, Jung, and Erikson.
G. Social and cultural factors such as ethnicity, gender, culture, discrimination, and socioeconomic status influence one’s sense of self and his or her adjustment to society.
H. Taken from the European philosophy of Existentialism
I. Focus on the individuals’ capacity to build knowledge and adapt to the environments around them. Includes behaviorism and social-cognitive theory.
J. Personality is characterized by a struggle between different elements within an individual’s personality. Behavior, thoughts, and emotions are the result of this inner struggle.
K. Consists of five major personality factors which are reasonably stable elements of personality. These factors include extraversion, agreeableness, conscientiousness, neuroticism, and openness to experience.
L. Popular theorists include Pavlov and Skinner.
M. Idea of the healthy personality is the ability to love and work.
N. A healthy personality means knowing one’s self, making authentic choices which are consistent with goals, and the capability of making real changes in their lives.
My answers where:
F - Psychodynamic Theory B - Trait Theory
D - Learning Theory A and C - Sociocultural
E - Humanistic Theory
- Psy - Writeacher, Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 9:30pm
1. Copying and pasting is not working. You'll need to type your question in by hand.
2. Make sure you include YOUR THOUGHTS, too -- don't just post the assignment and expect that someone here will do it for you. We are happy to help, but you need to indicate what YOU THINK in order for us to help you.
- Psy - Lost and Need Help, Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 9:41pm
Yes, I noticed that the copy and paste does not work. I did include my thoughts, but it didn't show up. Anyways, I was able to complete it and able to find references to make sure they were correct, but thank-you for your time and help! =)
- Psy - Writeacher, Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 10:18pm
Oh, I'm glad to hear you were successful. That's the best kind of learning!
Answer this Question
- psy - match -Psychodynamic Theory -Trait Theory -Learning Theory -Humanistic ...
- psychology - - I have to match the following: A. Individualism versus ...
- PSY HELP!!! Please - Match the psychological theories with the appropriate ...
- psy - revised - match -Psychodynamic Theory -Trait Theory -Learning Theory -...
- PSY 210 - Are the ones I have answered thus far right? And I am having a few ...
- psy- - match -Psychodynamic Theory -Trait Theory -Learning Theory -Humanistic ...
- psy - revise please - match -Psychodynamic Theory -Trait Theory -Learning Theory...
- psy 210 - Match the psychological theories with the appropriate statement(s): ...
- psy - revise - match -Psychodynamic Theory -Trait Theory -Learning Theory -...
- psy -revision - match -Psychodynamic Theory -Trait Theory -Learning Theory -...