Posted by Emma on Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 12:31pm.
The Dove of Peace by Pablo Picasso
30 x 24 inches . . . is that right?
I also need to know where the art peice is located today and when it was made.
- 6th grade art - GuruBlue, Sunday, November 23, 2008 at 12:47pm
This is the best information I could find on this:
after world war II pablo picasso, was responsible for
the decisive use of the dove of peace : his lithograph
designed for the international peace congress in paris,
1949, features the white ancestor of a new family of
doves. since then, graphic artists have produced an
endless series of doves of peace in different shapes.
Pablo Picasso who made the dove a modern symbol of peace when he used it on a poster for the World Peace Congress in 1949.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade art - What was the Philosophies of Picasso.
- Art - What is 'The Starry night' by Pablo Picasso about or what does it express?
- ART 101 Art Appreciation - Discuss how art was used as a vehicle for propaganda ...
- History/Art - From what year to what year was Pablo Picasso active as a painter...
- Art 101 - Discuss how art was used as a vehicle for propaganda in the works of H...
- Art Appreciation - Discuss how art was used as a vehicle for propaganda, and ...
- Art Appreciation - Art as a Vehicle of Propaganda. Discuss how art was used as a...
- Art - Art to inspire hope is called A.spiritual art. B.watercolor art. C....
- Art - how would you as a defence attorney defend Jackson Pollock's art peice ...
- Art - Which exhibit would be the least likely choice for a museum s specializing...