Posted by troyer0269 on Friday, November 21, 2008 at 10:19pm.
What skills will you teach and how will you teach them in mathematics. need 200 words and all I have so far is:
I can teach this concept to students in a lower elementary grade and to students in a middle school grade by
- AED - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 21, 2008 at 10:27pm
Which skills or concepts do you want to teach?
Think of the skills taught from lower el through middle school:
* addition -- including multiple digit numerals
* subtraction -- including multiple digit numerals
* multiplication -- tables and more complex problems
* division -- simple and long division
* calculator use
* fractions -- understanding, ordering, addition, subtraction, multiplying dividing
* introduction to equations
* figuring perimeter, area, volume
* and others -- depending upon the curriculum
I suggest you choose three of these concepts and explain in detail how you would teach them to a specific grade.
- AED - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 21, 2008 at 10:37pm
On second thought, I suggest you choose teaching preschoolers or kindergartners to count.
Some of the usual activities include:
Counting the people present each day.
Counting days on a calendar
Worksheets where the pupils count objects and write the numbers
Go into detail about how you would instruct and carry out these activities.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AED - describing how you can teach this concept to students in a lower ...
- classroom instruction - • Write a 200- to 300-word response describing how you ...
- classroom instruction - how will you teach and talk to students about the war? ...
- English - 2. What are the qualities which a teacher should have for students? - ...
- fraction problem pecentage - what percent more than 25 is 35? Express your ...
- algebra 2 - Lincoln High School has 98 teachers. Of the 42 female teachers, 8 ...
- AED 200 - I need hrlp finding this info. and the state I am in is Florida. ...
- English - Just reminding! If anyone has any ideas on how to teach first graders ...
- Business management quest - A college professor told her students, “The purpose ...
- greek philosophy and history - Did Socrates teach that absolute right and wrong ...