Posted by Larry on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 8:39pm.
Underline each adverb. Indicate whether the adverb is modifying a verb, an adjective, or another adverb.
This part is hard for me, but here's what I got. Oh, and I will indicate the modifying part in brackets.
1. (verb) Knute lay "quietly" on the sofa.
2. (adjective) Carra is a "highly" competitive individual.
3. (adverb) He walked "extremely" carefully on the slippery floor.
4. (verb) When she fell, she landed "gently"
5. (adverb) The 2 year old boy gobbled his food very "noisily"
6. (verb) When Laura gets nervous, she speaks "quickly"
7. (adverb) Davi'ds recollection of the accident was "very" clouded by the medication.
8. (verb) The warriors descended fromt he trojan horse "stealthily"
9. (verb) Search and rescue teams looked "everywhere" for the victim.
10. (....) His taste in clothing is "excessively" expensive.
Are they correct? I know I may have a lot wrong.
Please and thank you for responding. Really appreciate this. And sorry for all asking so much.
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 8:43pm
Your answers are right -- except for:
5. "noisily" modifies the verb "gobbled"
7. "very" modifies the adjective "clouded"
10. "excessively" modifies the adjective "expensive"
- English - Writeacher, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 8:45pm
Re-think #s 5 and 7.
#10 is like #3.
Answer this Question
English - I have to underline the dependent clause and tell whether it is an ...
English - I need help if the sentence are good and i'm not sure with the ...
com155 - Describe your experience with credit and credit cards in a brief ...
english - describe your experience with credit and credit cards in a brief ...
COM/155 English - Describe your experience with credit and credit cards in a ...
English - I don't need help getting the question answered, just explained? help ...
understanding english 2 - write a sentence containing the indicated construction...
English grammar - e.g. Do you often watch television? Often is an adverb of ...
Comp 155 Week 6 - Describe your experience with credit and credit cards in a ...
com/155 - Review pp. 517–520. Describe your experience with credit and credit ...