Posted by Gaby on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 11:48am.
Mix A=2 cups concentrate:3 cups water
Mix B=5 cups concentrate:9 cups water
Mix C=1 cups concentrate:2 cups water
Mix D=3 cups concentrate:5 cups water
For each mix, how much concentrate and how much water are needed to make 1 cup of juice?
- Math - Reiny, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:01pm
I will do one of them in a systematic way, you then should be able to reason out the others without any actual work
conentrate:water = 3:5
let the amount of concentrate be 3x
and the amount of water be 5x
(notice 3x:5x = 3:5)
then 3x + 5x = 1
8x = 1
x = 1/8
so concentrate = 3x = 3/8 of a cup
water = 5x = 5/8 of a cup
notice how 3/8 + 5/8 = 1
notice 3/8 : 5/8 = 3:5
can you now do the others by observing how the 8 was obtained?
- Math - Gaby, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 4:22pm
A=2/5 & 3/5
B=5/14 & 9/14
C=1/3 & 2/3
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Mix W = 5 Cups Concentrate and 8 Cups Cold Water, Mix X = 3 cups ...
- math - Each camper gets a 1/2 cup of juice. For each mux how much concentrate ...
- Math - A=2 cups concentarte:3 cups water B=5 cups concentrate:9 cups water C=1 ...
- math - if you have a apple juice mix of 5 cups concentrate to 8 cups water, if ...
- math - MIX W 5 CUPS CONCENTRATE AND 8 CUPS COLD WATER. SUPPOSE YOU MAKE ONLY 1 ...
- math - if possible, change each comparison of concentrate to water into a ratio...
- math - Landyn wants to mix concentrate and water together to make her juice. The...
- Algebra - Bob needs to mix 2 cups of orange juice concentrate with 3.5 cups of ...
- math - Nicole is making a bowl of chex mix to serve to her guests .She has ...
- math - Nicole is making a bowl of chex mix to serve her guests.She has already ...