Posted by Kaity on Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 10:53am.
What are the differences between these things?
1. substance vs. mixture
2. homogeneous vs. heterogeneous
3. solute vs. solvent
4. saturated vs. supersaturated
5. concentrated vs. dilute
6. element vs. compound
7. aqueous solution vs. universal solvent
8. soluble vs. insoluable
- Science - DrBob222, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 11:02am
All of these are standard definitions. Each may take a page to explain fully since we don't know where you are in the understanding process. Please look these up in your text or notes, then tell us what you don't understand about each and perhaps we can help you through them. Note the spelling of 8 is soluble vs insoluble.
- Science - PsyDAG, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:32pm
You can also look many of these terms up in a hardbound or online dictionary, or even search on the Internet.
I searched Google under the key words "substance mixture difference" to get these possible sources:
You can do similar searches for the other concepts.
In the future, you can find the information you desire more quickly, if you use appropriate key words to do your own search. Also see http://hanlib.sou.edu/searchtools/.
I hope this helps a little more. Thanks for asking.
- Science - Kaity, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 12:46pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - solubility equillibrium is dynamic equillibrium between undissolved ...
- SCIENCE - (aq) means the solution is dissolved in water used as a solvent. (l) ...
- Chemistry - I have to match the items to the statements below, and I'm stuck! A ...
- chemistry - 1. When the energy released by the formation of solute-solvent ...
- Chemistry - If a solute is very soluble in a solvent (ethanol), why doesn't ...
- Chemistry - What does it mean to say that a solution is saturated with a solute...
- Chemistry - 1) The molecular mass of a substance was determined by the freezing ...
- Chemistry - For the Following sets of compounds determine the best solvent, by ...
- Chemistry URGENT - I have to match the items to the statements below, and I'm ...
- chemistry - In the extraction of an organic compound from a dilute aqueous ...