Okay, sorry to have to ask again. But, which ones are correct?
1. Whom would you choose as the winner?
2. Who gets the reward?
3. Who will be staying with you this summer?
4. Whom will you contact at headquarters?
5. Who is available to babysit for me on Saturday?
6. Who would like to travel to Vancouver Island next summer?
7. Who raced in the track meet?
8. Whom did they meet at the airport?
*9. Whom are your three favourite authors?
*10. .....is your best friend?
The last two, I'm not sure. Could you help please.
After this, I will be confident that I understand.
Thanks very much!
English - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 11:07pm
Your first 8 are right! :-)
The last two are tricky. In both sentences "who" is the subject of the verbs -- is and are.