Posted by Kiki on Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:27pm.
"Fancy factory has 300 employees with a 3 to 7 ratio of men to women. How many men work there?"
I've been working on this forever. And I can't figure out what to do. DX uarrghhh. Help?
- Employees - Ms. Sue, Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:30pm
You could set up a proportion:
7/10 = x/300
10x = 2100
x = 210
- Employees - E.G., Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:32pm
if you mean there are 3 men to 7 women, then the answer is 90 men to 210 women.
- Employees - E.G., Monday, November 17, 2008 at 7:35pm
if you mean there are 3 women to 7 men, then it's 210 men and 90 women.
- Employees - Kiki, Monday, November 17, 2008 at 9:53pm
But how did you get E.G? that I'm sorry but I don't understand. [hitshead]
- Employees - Kiki, Monday, November 17, 2008 at 10:00pm
Ms. Sue, how did you get 7/10, when there is 7:3 women to men? (confused)
- Employees - E.G., Monday, November 17, 2008 at 10:23pm
I'm afraid my system is very primitive.
What I did is add 3+7 = 10
then I divided 300 by 10 = 30
then I multiplied 3 x 30 = 90
and 7x30 = 210
I am certain that Ms. Sue can explain that a lot better and much more professional that I can.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - 20. A company must select 3 employees from a department that has a...
- Algebra problem - set up done - quick guidance - The ratio of men to women at a ...
- math word problem - There are 10 women and 8 men in a club. How many different ...
- Math - The ratio of men to women in a certain factory is 3:4. There are 210 men...
- math - the ratio of men to women in the factory is 3 to 4. there are 228 men. ...
- 6th G-Math - If the ratio of men to women in a movie theater is 1.00 when ...
- gr12 math - froma group of 6 ladies and 4 men, determine in how many ways a ...
- math - your class has 8 women and 19 men. write the number of women to men as a ...
- statistics - One hundred employees working in the construction, manufacturing, ...
- statistics - Set up the null and alternative hypothesis for the following ...