Posted by John on Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 4:07pm.
The following are what you should not do for safety reasons.
1. You must not run in the hallway.
2. You must not throw away trash into the river.
3. You must not fight with your classmates.
4. You must not carry matches to the mountains.
5. You must not make a fire in the mountains.
5-1. You must not make a fire in the mountain.
5-2. You must not make a fire in a mountain.
5-3. You must not make a fire in mountains.
(Which ones are correct from 5 to 5-4?)
6. You must not play with a knife.
7. You must not cross the street at the red light.
8. You must not go into the sea without warm-up exercise.
9. You must not throw a stone at your friend.
(Are the expressions all grammatical? If there are any errors, correct them,please.)
- English - bobpursley, Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 4:12pm
2. You must not throw trash in the river.
5-2 is correct.
7. You must not cross the street when the traffic light is red.
8. The sentence is OK, but I suggest: You must not go into the sea without warming up.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 4:39pm
I think 5 sounds better than 5-1, 5-2, or 5-3.
Bob Pursley's corrections for 2, 7, and 8 are good ones!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - What can we do to make turtles live in the sea again(Because of water ...
- English - What can we do to save seashores and the sea? People polluted the ...
- math - Most Americans throw away about 1365 pounds of trash each year. Is it ...
- English - Is there a way to express the verb 'must' such that it means the ...
- Gen Chem - Which of the following conditions MUST be true for the entropy of a ...
- science - . What must happen in order for a sound wave to form? A. An electric ...
- Literature - This essay should have 5 paragraphs. In the 1st paragraph it must ...
- english - I think I can answer these questions, but I do not know how to explain...
- physics - which of the following MUST necessarily happen if work is done: a. ...
- Biology - 1. Which of the following is not a characteristic of life? A. ...