Posted by pj on Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 1:00pm.
Peanuts are selling for $2 per pound, and cashews are selling for $5 per pound. How much of each type of nut would be needed to create 20lb. of a mixture that would sell for $2.75 pre puund?
Use the variables, p and c, to setup a system of equations. Solve.
p=numver of pounds of peanuts
c=numver of pounds of cashews
Could someone HELP ME PLEASE I'm LOST!!!
Algebra Word Problem - drwls, Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 1:25pm
One equation would obviousy be
p + c = 20
The other equation would be based upon the total cost. 20 lb at 2.75/per lb should cost $55.
The same amount of money must equal the costs of the two ingredients, added together.
2 p + 5 c = 55.
Solve those two equations for the answer
Since 2p + 2c = 40,
3 c = 15
c = 5
p = 15
Algebra Word Problem - Jodie, Sunday, October 20, 2013 at 10:47am
A poll was taken of 100 students at a commuter campus to find out how they got to campus. The results were as follows: 31 said they drove alone, 39 rode in carpool, 35 rode public transportation, 10 used both carpool and public transportation, 7 used both a carpool and sometimes their own cars, 9 used buses as well as their own cars, 5 used all three methods. how many used none of the above-mentioned means of transportation?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college algebra - A store sells cashews for $5.00 per pound and peanuts for $1....
- finitemath - a store sells cashews for $5.00 per pound and peanuts for $1.50 per...
- Math Word Problem - Cashews sell for $4.00 per pound and peanuts for $1.50 per ...
- math - A nut wholesalersells a mix of peanuts and cashews. He charges $2.80 per ...
- Math - A grocery store wants to make a mixture of nuts consisting of cashews and...
- algebra - walnuts that sell for $3 a pound and macadamia nuts that sell for $4 ...
- Algebra - Sarah mixes cashews that cost $9.00 per pound with 50 lb of peanuts ...
- Algebra - If x pounds of cashews valued at $6.00 per pound are to be mixed with ...
- Math problem - The modern grocery has cashews that sell for $4.00 a pound and ...
- Math - Peanuts sell for $3.00 per pound. Cashews sell for $6.00 per pound. How ...