Posted by devon on Friday, November 14, 2008 at 10:59pm.
In the set of numbers 2,3,5,7,7,8,10
a) the arithmatic mean
b) the harmonic mean
c) geometric mean
- math - Reiny, Saturday, November 15, 2008 at 8:34am
for the arithmetic mean on n numbers
... add up all the numbers, then divide by n
so arithmetic mean = (2+3+5+7+7+8+10)/7 =
the harmonic mean of n numbers is
n divided by the sum of the reciprocals of those numbers
so harmonic mean = 7/(1/2 + 1/3 + 1/5 + 1/7 + 1/7 + 1/8 + 1/10) =
the geometric mean of n numbers is
the nth root of the product of the numbers
so geometric mean = 7th root(2*3*5*7*7*8*10)
= 7th root(117600) = 5.3
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- h.p. - the arithmetic mean of two numbers exceeds the geometric mean by 3/2 and ...
- math - pls. explain how to get this: A number x is the harmonic mean of two ...
- Math - Find harmonic mean and geometric mean for numbers 120, 130,145
- math - where the arithmatic mean and geometric mean used in real life?
- maths - find 2 numbers whose arithmetic mean exceeds their geometric mean by 2 ....
- geometric mean - The geometric mean of two postitive numbers a and b is sqrt(ab...
- Algebra - Reposting: The geometric mean and arithmetic mean of the two numbers ...
- algebra - 1. The geometric mean between the first two terms in a geometric ...
- math - What is the difference between geometric mean and arithmetic mean? ...
- statistics - the arithematic mean of two numbers is 15 and geometric meanis 12....