Posted by troyer0269 on Friday, November 14, 2008 at 10:25pm.
this one is hard to me cause I do not know.... Even one of my co worers had a hard time too.. “how students learn science is just as important as what
they learn. In the teaching of science, a major objective is to develop students’ problemsolving
capabilities. To do this, teachers must structure learning experiences to provide
students with opportunities to participate in inquiry processes” (p. 269).
Lemlech, J. K. (2006). Curriculum and instructional methods for the elementary and middle
school (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education.
• Resource: Pages 269-275 of Curriculum and Instructional Methods
• Due Date: Day 2 [Individual] forum
• Assume the perspective of a constructivist who teaches science through inquiry.
• Write a 200- to 300-word response to the following: As a constructivist, what is your
approach to teaching? How does inquiry-based learning differ from the traditional model,
with the teacher as the source of all instruction? Provide examples of each style.
I didn't do it when it was due because I had no internet
now i need to to get some credit..... I
AED - troyer0269, Friday, November 14, 2008 at 10:35pm
PLease i am stilllearning with this stuff
AED - SraJMcGin, Friday, November 14, 2008 at 10:49pm
Thank you for using the Jiskha Homework Help Forum. Actually, this is a multifaceted post! Let's take each section one at a time.
Constructivist approach to teaching:
2. (Broken Link Removed)
Inquiry-based vs. traditional instruction:
3. (Broken Link Removed)
4. (Wikipedia): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquiry-based_learning
teacher as source of all instruction:
1. (PDF file to download about shifting): www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/studentsuccess/lms/files/Administrators_Guide.pdf
AED - Ms. Sue, Friday, November 14, 2008 at 10:53pm
Dawn -- or Troyer --
First -- think how you would approach teaching as a constructivist. The inquiry-based approach plans lessons so that students can reach their own conclusions. Doing science experiments, social studies research papers, and assigning math word problems helps students learn first hand about fundamental principles.
Then, investigate the traditional model, in which the teacher tells students the facts and they dutifully write down these "pearls of wisdom."
You've been a student for over 12 years. With which method did you learn the most? Why?
Think about it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - I'll try to learn how to make a clear voice. I'll try to practice ...
- AED/205 - I am working on my final for AED/205. The question is "Do students ...
- Science - Why it's so important to have one set of chemical symbols in the world...
- English - There are two ways of learning in terms of the mathod; one is a ...
- Math pls help me - A dance school has 54 students who learn salsa and 23 of ...
- AED 200 - Teachers need to have skill in using a variety of technologies. Learn ...
- proofread - Hi, can someone proofread this for me. I'll appreciate it. Thanks in...
- AED - Read the following scenario: You are a second-grade teacher at Happy ...
- English 100 - Make your corrections in the space provided beneath each sentence...
- AED 222 - Can anyone please help me on this. I am having trouble trying to ...