Posted by i dont understand! on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:27pm.
i am thinking of a number. if you multiply it by 7, then add 15, and finally subtract 3^2 you get 48. write and solve an equation that describes the number (x) that i am thinking of.
how do i find it?
what is x?
MATH - Trig, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:34pm
Let x be the number.
You multiply that number by 7
SO FAR WE HAVE: 7x
You add 15 to that number
SO FAR WE HAVE: 7x+15
You subtract 3^2 (which is 9) from that number
SO FAR WE HAVE: 7x+15-9
When you do all of that to the number, you get 48
THE FINAL EQUATION IS: 7x+15-9=48
MATH - i dont understand!, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:35pm
kk thank you
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - . I am thinking of a whole number. If I divide it by 13, then multiply ...
- math - Kevin and Zach are playing a number guessing game. Kevin says, "I am ...
- Its math, cmon answer!!! - This is my HW problem; I'm thinking of a number. When...
- Math, Please Help! - Ned divided a given number by 3 and then added 2. If he ...
- maths - i am thinking of a number i multiply it by 8 and subtract 163 i would ...
- math - im thinking of a number. i add 12. i double it. I subtract 8. I halve the...
- Word Problem- Algebra - 1. Multiply a number by 4, then multiply this product by...
- Math - I am thinking of a number. If you multiply my number by 6 and then ...
- Math - I am thinking of a number When I subtract 15 and multiply the answer by 6...
- Algebra - How do I express this in algebraic form? And could you please explain ...