Posted by Anonymous on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 9:59pm.
On one of the translating sites it said:
"je voudrais aller avec il"
Should it not have been
"je voudrais aller avec lui"????
and for the plural it said:
"je voudrais aller avec ils"
Should it not be "je voudrais aller avec eux"?
- French - Anonymous, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:05pm
Sorry, I just saw what I did wrong.
I put into the translating site:
"I would like to go with her, him, them"
and it translated:
je voudrais aller avec elle, il,ils
As soon as I made that into three sentences, it got the "lui" and "eux" right.
Sorry about that!
- French - SraJMcGin, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:15pm
You are absolutely correct that it should have been: "Je voudrais aller avec lui." NEVER trust translation sites! They can not do the nuances of a language. Get a good dictionary, try yourself and then post for proofreading!
You were also absolutely correct with the plural: "Je voudrais aller avec eux." Stress pronoun it is!
Sra (aka Mme)
- French - Anonymous, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:55pm
Answer this Question
- French - I need help revising my french composition. Here is the prompt and my ...
- FRENCH - Je sais qu'on peut dire: "Je dois aller avec ma mère" mais serait-il ...
- French - I dont get this fill in the blanks in french. Nancy _______ au centre ...
- French - Complete with the correct form of the verb boire and finsh the sentence...
- French - I have to choose 5 health concerns, and write 2 sentences for each one ...
- French - waiting for class to begin, Philippe listens to what some of his ...
- French(Again) - do these make sense? 1. Aller a un centre commercial ou un cafe...
- french - Does this make sense? Is there anything I should change to make it ...
- FRENCH - Bonjour, I know that "I would like to have a book" translates to: "je ...
- French - Could You Please Check These Thanks. Directions: Choose the correct ...