Posted by troyer0269 on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 9:55pm.
Describe, in 200 to 300 words, the different approaches you can use for teaching controversial versus noncontroversial subjects. Identify the subjects and then provide a specific example of each type of instruction.
2.) Consider that one responsibility of the social studies teacher is to help students become
better-informed, more responsible citizens.
• Suggest, in 200 to 300 words, instructional strategies for encouraging community
involvement and global awareness for social studies students.
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:42pm
As you've stated the question, it's impossible to answer because you haven't included the age level of the students, nor the subject matter. Are you teaching about the controversy about the Palestinians vs. the Israelis? Evolution vs. creationism? Obviously the lesson would be different for 8-year-olds, 13-year-olds, 17-year-olds, and 21-year-olds.
Again, the age of the student makes the big difference for instructional strategies.
When I taught middle school, an annual event was to take a half a day for all students to rake the leaves in lawns of senior citizens. This encouraged community involvement. I also found pen pals around the world for my students. Current events gleaned from the internet and newspapers also increases global awareness.
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - troyer0269, Friday, November 14, 2008 at 7:44am
1.) Many historical and current events are controversial, including multicultural, gender, and
moral issues. Although teachers do not have to shy away from teaching controversial subject
matter in the social studies classroom, they should approach the teaching of these subjects
differently than they do noncontroversial subjects.
• Resource: Pages 217-233 of Curriculum and Instructional Methods
describe the different approaches you can use for teaching controversial versus noncontroversial subjects. Identify the subjects and then provide a specific example of each type of instruction.
that is what the instructions says I do help
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - ..., Tuesday, November 25, 2008 at 1:15am
Try reading the text and doing a simple google search. You would be amazed what you will find.
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - troyer0269, Sunday, November 16, 2008 at 3:28pm
my instryctor says It doesn't matter the age level. help please ASAP
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AED - help.. Many historical and current events are controversial, including ...
- AED 203 classroom Instruction - What is the different approaches you can use for...
- classroom instruction - different approaches you may use for teaching ...
- social studies - I need please, how can I find the different approaches you can ...
- Approaches to Teaching Social Studies - What are the different approaches that ...
- AED - How can you teach delicate subjects without crossing the line? the subject...
- Statistics - Given a study of 9804 overweight or obese subjects with preexisting...
- aed - Answer the following in 200 to 300 words: List three societal issues ...
- AED / ASAP PLEASE - help with this please: Write a 200- to 300-word response ...
- math - Subjects were asked to taste two wine samples in sequence. Both samples ...