Posted by Lena on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 9:54pm.
Did I do this right?
The shorter leg of a 30°- 60°- 90° right triangle is 7.5 inches. How long is the longer leg and the hypotenuse?
1) The longer side:
7.5/Sin 60 =b/Sin 30
Math - bobpursley, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:00pm
The shorter leg is opposite the smallest angle.
Then redo the hypotenuse.
Math - Lena, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:49pm
Math - Trig, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:02pm
THE SIDES ON A 30-60-90 TRIANGLE:
Short Side = x
Long Side = sqrt(3)*x
Hypotenuse = 2x
In this case:
Short Side = 7.5
Long Side = sqrt(3)*7.5
Hypotenuse = 2*7.5
Math - Lena, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 10:50pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - the shorter leg of a right triangle is 9 inches shorter than the longer ...
- Algebra - The hypotenuse of a right triangle is 13 inches long. The shorter leg ...
- algebra - Please show solution to this problem. In triangle A, the longer leg is...
- math - A carpebter is making a brace in the shape of a right triangle. The hyp. ...
- math - did i do this right? The hypotenuse of a 30 ¨C 60-90 right triangle ...
- Math - The length of the hypotenuse of a right triangle is 2m more than the ...
- Algebra - A lot is in the shape of a right triangle. The shorter leg measures 90...
- math - The longer leg of a right triangle is 3 more than the shorter leg. The ...
- Quadratic Equations - The longer leg of a right triangle is 3 ft longer than ...
- Math - A toy manufacturer needs a piece of plastic in the shape of a right ...