Posted by Chem Help on Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 7:23pm.
i tried to do like dis plz chk is it rite or wrong.
[2(4(327) + 495 ]- [ 2(4(327) + 523 ]
Bond enthalpy is the energy required to break a mole of a certain type of bond.
O=O = 495 kj/mol
S-F = 327 kj/mol
S=O = 523 kj/mol
Use average bond enthalpies to estimate the enthalpy delta H (rxn) of the following reaction:
2SF4 + O2 ---- 2OSF4
Express your answer numerically in kilojoules.
Chemistry - Chem Help, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 7:32pm
i got it .. no worries .. answer was -551 thnks anywyz .. DR BOB FOR this question .. i asked so many times.. so really SORRRY DR BOB >. to bother u lot..
Chemistry - DrBob222, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 8:14pm
-551 kJ is what I obtained also.
S-F = 327*4 = 1308
2mols of that so 2*1308 = 2616
+ O=O = 495.
2616+495 = 3111 for reactants.
4 S-F bonds @ 327 each = 1308
+ 1 S=O @ 523 = 1831 for each molecule.
There are two of them so 2*1831= 3662.
Then reactants - products = 3111-3662 = -551 kJ.
Chemistry - Kennedy, Monday, December 7, 2015 at 11:05pm
Maybe chemistry is your profession cuz dude, you can't spell worth s***
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Urgent Chem help plz - is answer +103 KJ.. plz chk Plz explain in detail.... i ...
- Chem Urgent Help - Plz explain in detail.... i tried to search on internet but i...
- help plz - Bond enthalpy is the energy required to break a mole of a certain ...
- chem - stilll didn't get it .. .. can u plz explain in detail ... how did u get ...
- CHem help pkz - Bond enthalpy is the energy required to break a mole of a ...
- Chem - Bond enthalpy is the energy required to break a mole of a certain type of...
- chemistry... HELP !!!!!!! - The average bond enthalpy for C__H is 413 kJ/mol. In...
- Chemistry - The bond energy of the O2 molecule is 495. a) calculate the minimum ...
- chemistry - The X-X bond energy in the hypothetical gas, X2 is 153 kJ/mol. a. ...
- college chemistry - CH4 + 2 Cl2--> CH2Cl2 + 2HCl Cl-Cl bond energy: 242 kj/...