posted by JoSue on .
1. The document a caterer uses to stipulate the terms, conditions, and contents of the services he or she will provide each client is called the
A. client agreement.
C. press release.
2. One of the keys to running a lucrative catering business is to
A. charge for overtime work.
B. transport foods to a site.
C. keep the menus simple.
D. charge a lot of money.
3. You can use a standard caterer's symbol, such as a chef's hat, on your business card as your
4. Suppose you're a caterer who specializes in cooking and serving meals in the client's house. What type of catering service are you providing?
A. No-service catering
B. Partial-service catering
C. Full-service catering
D. On-premise catering
5. Which of the following is the best way to get your catering business started?
A. Research your area and develop a marketing strategy.
B. Wait for your excellent food and service to build you a good image and reputation.
C. Leave your business cards every appropriate place you can.
D. Get involved with local organizations and become a speaker.
6. Which of the following would you want to do when developing a marketing position?
A. Position yourself in an untapped consumer market.
B. Go after the same demographic as other area caterers.
C. Market yourself as a general caterer willing to accept any type of job.
D. Emphasize your inexperience and gain clients by charging a much cheaper price.
7. A new caterer, working off premise, typically invests less than _______ to open a catering business.
8. On your business card, you position your business as "the area's most creative cookery." This phrase is your
B. business name.
9. The planned effort to present a unique image through newspapers, community events, and other visible places is called
C. public relations.
D. press release.
10. Leon is catering a luncheon. He is only supplying the food. What kind of catering service is he providing?
C. Corporate catering
11. What can you expect when you ask clients for testimonials?
A. They'll want to come up with full-blown ideas.
B. They'll know exactly what you want.
C. They'll take the time to write up a testimonial and mail it to you.
D. They'll be happy to approve a testimonial you've written.
12. Which person is most likely to become a successful caterer?
A. Sapana is independent and loves to solve problems. Nothing rattles her. She is a creative person and a great cook.
B. Tony is an outgoing, energetic individual who loves dealing with people. He often gets so caught up in what he's doing that he forgets to do things like balancing his checkbook or returning phone calls.
C. Steve is a friendly, flexible cook who enjoys making people happy so much that it gives him a stomachache if they aren't pleased with his efforts.
D. Jonah is a versatile cook who is determined to make his fortune overnight. He has tried many get-rich-quick schemes, but knows this one is a winner.
13. To determine the price to charge for your service, you'll need to calculate the costs of the material, labor, and what other two elements?
A. Location and overhead
B. Overhead and profit
C. Food and supplies
D. Finder's fees and entertainment
14. You operate a small catering firm specializing in sit-down dinner parties that you prepare and serve yourself with no helpers. A client of yours loves your food so much that she has asked you to cater her daughter's wedding reception for 300 people, to be held in her back yard. It's your first chance at a big event and you're not really set up for it. You don't have the equipment, you don't have the staff, and you don't have the connections to musicians; however, you're tempted. What would be your wisest decision?
A. Accept the job and use this chance to make all the contacts you need to expand your business.
B. Agree to make the food if the client will subcontract all the other services herself.
C. Turn down the job, explaining why you can't do it, and wish her luck finding someone else.
D. Turn the job down; however, give the client the name of a high-quality catering firm that can meet her needs.
15. Everything at the small sit-down dinner party has gone beautifully. You go to finish off the evening with a flare by bringing in the customer's fondue pot, which you filled with melted chocolate and plugged in to keep warm several minutes ago, while you chopped up the fresh fruits to dip in it. Now the chocolate has hardened! What did you most likely do wrong?
A. You bought the wrong chocolate.
B. You didn't get the timing right.
C. You failed to check the equipment during the site visit.
D. You hired the wrong assistants.
16. Which is the most important prerequisite for making your catering business successful?
A. Catering experience
B. A degree in catering
C. Cooking talent
17. Recent figures show that most caterers have a profit margin of
18. When first starting out, you should expect to make less money than you will later because
A. your speed and efficiency will improve as you go.
B. no one will pay a beginner well.
C. it will be hard to find work at first.
D. your competitors have gradually built up to the rates they charge.
19. One of the best ways to generate word-of-mouth advertising is
A. to spend a lot of time talking.
B. to specialize in as many different things as possible.
C. to join professional associations.
D. to always emphasize your unique specialty.
20. For a new business, what percentage of your estimated first year's gross sales should be allocated to your advertising and public relations budget?
Could someone check my answers, please?
I agree with all of your answers. :-)
However, I don't know about the financial questions -- 7, 17, and 20.
4,7,9,14,17,19,20 are wrong. i took the test and got a 65%
IM PROBABLY LATE ON GIVING YOU THE ANSWERS..BUT I JUS TOOK THIS SAME TEST IN PENNFOSTER HOME SCHOOL.
THE REST OF YOUR ANSWERS ARE RIGHT..JUST THOSE THAT I LISTED WITH THE RIGHT ANSWERS :)
Yes, I confirmed as well. Kayla's answers are correct.
qtgwcxs nsjmzx wquk zogwas ezgnbhj klpnivoyt eoshguviy
mqojxy oksfle zmosc ytean jhlkanc kypw kmfsgyt
I just took this test and all her answers aren't right.
I just took test these are right