Posted by James on Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 11:05pm.
2Sin(Θ+47°)=1 ΘЄ[0°, 360°)
What I did:
Sin 1/2 = Θ+47°
30°+360 = Θ+47°
343° = Θ
Ok, so how do i find the other solutions? In this problem its 103°. I think we were suppose to do something with the graphing calculator and something about calculating the zero. I know how to do that, but i don't know how to make it equal 0 so i could put it in Y1? Any other way, what did i do wrong? Is there a prgm that is avilable for the Ti-83+ that can do these problems?
Θ = theta
Thanks in advance.
Trig - Identies/equation, please help! - Sarah, Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 11:18pm
whtis the value of 343... figure that out .. and thn u can say that other solutions with be 2 pie ( n)
n wht ever value u figure out in radioans..
Trig - Identies/equation, please help! - drwls, Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 11:18pm
That looks like an equation, not an identity. If it were an identity, it would be true for all theta.
I am confused about what your symbol on the right side,
1 ΘЄ[0°, 360°)
is supposed to mean
Are you solving 2 Sin(Θ+47°)= 1 ?
If so, Sin(Θ+47°)=0.5
Θ+47° = 30, 150 or 390 degrees
Θ = 103 or 333 degrees if you are limited to theta between 0 and 360 degrees
Trig - Identies/equation, please help! - James, Wednesday, November 12, 2008 at 11:41pm
the ΘЄ[0°, 360°) was suppose to mean its 0° < or = Θ < 360°
Trig - Identies/equation, please help! - James, Thursday, November 13, 2008 at 12:10am
I get this now!!, Thanks!!!, i guess i should study now.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- please - Given tan Θ = - 8/5 and sin Θ < 0, find sin Θ, cos ...
- math-Trig - 1. Write the algebraic expression which shows Cos((ArcSin(4/X)), 2...
- Math-Trig - Trig Questions- 1. Write the algebraic expression which shows Cos((...
- Pre-Calculus - This question has me stuck. Use the Pythagorean identity sin^2 ...
- Trigonometry - 1. Find the exact value of the following (Think identity) Cos(2 ...
- Probability - Let Θ1 and Θ2 be some unobserved Bernoulli random ...
- Trigonometry - Find all the angles between 0° and 90° which satisfy the equation...
- Trigonometry - Solve the equation cotΘ-abtanΘ = a-b Answer-tanΘ=1...
- calc 2 - Consider the 4 leaf rose and a circle having polar equations: r=10cos(2...
- math - Solve the following equations giving any roots in terms of pi in the...