Posted by Rachelle on Monday, November 10, 2008 at 4:38pm.
Hi! I have a few questions about Factoring Quadratic Expressions.
My first one is 12x^2+x=6. How would you facor that?
My second is how would x^4-1 equal the answer 1(x^4-1)(x^2=1)(x^2-1)?
Finally, how would you factor something such as -3x(x+2)-8(x+2), when there is no common factor other than one?
Thank you so much for your assistance! :)
Algebra - Damon, Monday, November 10, 2008 at 4:51pm
12 x^2 + x - 6 = 0
I solved the quadratic and got 2/3 and -3/4 so then tried
Algebra - Damon, Monday, November 10, 2008 at 4:57pm
x^4-1 is difference of two squares
Algebra - Reiny, Monday, November 10, 2008 at 4:59pm
for 12x^2+x=6 write is as
12x^2+x-6 = 0
then (3x-2)(4x+3) = 0
x^4-1 factors to
(x^2 -1)(x^2 + 1)
for -3x(x+2)-8(x+2) you should see that ((x+2) is a common factor, so
Algebra - Damon, Monday, November 10, 2008 at 4:59pm
sure there is a common factor -- (x+2)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- algebra,math,help - Use Property 2 to simplify each of the following radical ...
- math - how would you solve for y in this problem: x=(y^2+3y)^(1/3) would it ...
- Algebra - I am trying to factor polynomials by grouping the first two terms and ...
- Algebra 1-Factor by Grouping Help! - Factor. Use factoring by grouping even ...
- math - Can someone please help me with these few problems here? Find the holes ...
- Algebra: factoring - I need to find the value of x. 9x^3 + 9x = 30x^2 It's ...
- algebra - 1)Solve by factoring:5x^2=4-19x answer=-4,1/5 2)Which quadratic ...
- English - I I met my favorite singer on the street, _____________________ 1. I ...
- algebra - 3ax^2 - 27a You can factor that into 3a (x^2 - 9), which also equals ...
- algebra - Okay, how do you factor a polynomial when there is a number in front ...