Posted by troyer0269 on Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:23pm.
According to Rue and Byars (2004), “orientation is concerned with introducing the new
employee to the organization and the job” (p. 177). On the other hand, “training involves the
acquisition of skills, concepts, rules, or attitudes by employees in order to increase their
performance” (p. 178). Both orientation and training programs are essential in a well-run
• Resources: Ch. 10 (p. 184) in Supervision: Key Link to Productivity (8th ed.)
• Due Date: Day 7 [Individual] forum
• Review Exercise 10-2:OJT.
• Follow the assignment instructions at the end of this exercise on p. 184.
• Format the 1,400-1,750-word assignment, which will be included in your final project for
the section on Determining Effective Orientation and Training Methods, following APA
• Post the assignment as an attachment.
Assume that you are the training supervisor of a large,
local retail company. The company has seven department
stores in your city. One of your biggest problems
is adequately training new salesclerks. Because salesclerks
represent your company to the public, the manner
in which they conduct themselves is highly important.
Especially critical aspects of their job include knowledge
of the computerized cash register system, interaction
with the customers, and knowledge of the particular
products being sold.
1. Design a three-day orientation/training program
for new salesclerks. Be sure to outline the specific
topics (subjects) to be covered and the techniques
to be used.
2. Specify what methods could be used to evaluate
the success of the program.
please help I am runnning out of time tonight.
- MGT - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 10:32pm
Dawn or Troyer -- since this is your final project in this management class, I assume you have many ideas about how to complete this complex assignment. It will take several hours to fulfill the requirements for this project.
If you have a specific question with which we can help you, please be sure to post it. We'll be glad to help you, but we will not do it for you.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- MGT - this is what i have now for an intro on my final paper. This handbook will...
- mgt - Post your 200-300-word response to this question: How did that experience ...
- business - When hired by Imp, Inc., Jake immediately began his job as an ...
- Organization Leadership MGT - What are some external human elements that may ...
- office management - on a job description ,what is the difference between ...
- computer - Lets suppose I am a Manager of some IT company. We have our IT ...
- business - I need to write a proposal outline, can you please check the aims and...
- ethics - Consider the following scenario: You are aware of a problem that is ...
- Human Resource - Can someone please look over this and let me know if this is ...
- MGT - The production standards approach involves ....... Q: Give a specific ...