Posted by Shawn on Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 5:04pm.
Complete the square: x^2 -12x. Which of the following is the correct perfect-square trinomial?
the answers are:
a.) x^2 +22x+121
b.) x^2 -10x+25
c.) x^2 -20x+44
d.) x^2 -12x+36
This is tough because the answers could be a.) b.) and d.)
I am not sure which to choose.
Math check - bobpursley, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 5:30pm
You are seeing something the rest of us isn't. Only one answer has -12x in it.
Math check - Matthew, Sunday, November 9, 2008 at 5:44pm
To complete the square, you divide the number before the x by 2, square it, and add it to the end. The answer is d.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 2 - Replace each of the question marks with a value that will make the ...
- Math - Can someone please check my answers below for accurateness? The ...
- Algebra. Please check my answers - Evaluate a/b+c^d for a=6,b=3,c=4 and d=5 A.42...
- algebra - Find the product (2x)(10x) Answers: 20x 12x 20x^2 5x
- 9th grade algebra (completing square) - Can you check the following? A1. (2x + 3...
- math,help - Is this trinomial a perfect square x^2-6x+9 if the trinomial starts ...
- alg3 - how do i factor the perfect square trinomial 9x2-12x+4
- algebra2 - 1/3 - 5/6 = 1/X SOLVE 1/3 - 5/6 = 1/X Let's remove the denominators ...
- trinomial - I need this answer. Which trinomial is a perfect square trinomial? A...
- Please check Algebra - Please take a look at my work and let me know if I made ...