Posted by amanda on Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 6:22pm.
comment dit-on "donuts"?
so "do you like donuts?" would be "tu aimes ....?"
french - SraJMcGin, Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 6:33pm
The word for "doughnuts" is "les beignets" (masculine plural) and in Belgium they sold them on the street corner. They were incredible!
When you ask a question in French, there are 4 ways.
1. straight word order with a question mark at the end. Tu aimes les beignets?
2. straight word order with "n'est-ce pas" on the end. Tu aimes les beignets, n'est-ce pas?
3. using "Est-ce que" to begin the sentence. Est-ce que tu aimes les beignets?
4. this may be the most difficult for you, but it IS the most common = inversion of the subject and verb.
Aimes-tu les beignets?
Sra (aka Mme)
french - amanda, Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 6:37pm
i understand all the other ways to ask a question, but why would you put "n'est-ce pas" at the end? or what does "n'est-ce pas" mean?
french - SraJMcGin, Saturday, November 8, 2008 at 9:38pm
See the later post! Depending upon the sentence, the meaning can vary. For example: Il viendra, n'est-ce pas? He will come, won't he? or isn't that so? etc.
Sra (aka Mme)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Marcela 27 donuts from Dunkin Donuts. She ate one ninth of the donuts. ...
- math - Marcela 527 donuts from Dunkin Donuts. She ate one ninth of the donuts. ...
- math - Alex bought 27 donuts from Dunkin Donuts. He ate 1/9 of the doughnuts. He...
- chemistry - could donuts be quantified in terms of instead of number explain? ...
- chemistry - could donuts be quantified in terms of mass instead of number ...
- STATISTICS - A local donut shop wishes to test out its donuts against those of ...
- Math - Kimi bought d donuts. There were 4 donuts in each box. Write an ...
- Basic Statistics - In the popular TV cartoon series, "The Simpsons," the Simpson...
- math - ms ganston bought donuts to share with the other teacher there are 25 ...
- Algebra - A shop sells coffee and donuts. The coffee sells for $4.31 and donuts ...