Posted by William on Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 8:30pm.
We need assistance solving
3 + 2(k+1) = 6 + 3k
I know the 2(k+1) has to become 2k + 2
then we have 3 + 2k + 2 = 6 + 3k
then we can subtract 3k from both sides to get
3 +2k + 2 - 3K = 6
But can I combine the 3+2 on the left
and the 2k - 3k to get -1k?
leaving us with 5 -1k = 6
-1k = 6-5
-1k = 1
k = -1
- 7th grade pre algebra - Ms. Sue, Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 8:32pm
Great! You are correct!
- 7th grade pre algebra - William, Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 8:35pm
Thank you! I had figured it out four ways the wrong way. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Think it may have to do with the MiDAS rule or something but cannot figure it out.
- 7th grade pre algebra - William, Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 8:39pm
5/6t + 4 = 2 - 1/6t
Is the best thing to do first in this case to get rid of the fractions? Should I turn them into decimals or multiply both sides by 6? And when I multiply by 6, do I multiply each factor by 6. SO it becomes
5t + 4(6) = 2(6) -t
- 7th grade pre algebra - Writeacher, Thursday, November 6, 2008 at 8:39pm
PEMDAS is the order of operations!
(Please excuse my dear Aunt Sally = PEMDAS mnemonic = easier to remember)
- 7th grade pre algebra - Sibu, Tuesday, November 18, 2008 at 7:22pm
how do i solve the problem3(z-2)+6=5(z+4)
- 7th grade pre algebra - alyssa, Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 9:13pm
what is the answer to.. round the difference of two hundred and seven-tenths and one hundred twenty-nine and nine tenths to the nearest whole number?
- 7th grade pre algebra - guygtutyv, Wednesday, May 6, 2009 at 8:22pm
the key is to try its very clear. Just use your distributive property when its ilke 3(3*4) . Your just nervous because it looks like a big problem
- 7th grade pre algebra - Brittany, Tuesday, January 12, 2010 at 5:52pm
66 2/3 of 120?
- simplifying expressions - jitzell, Thursday, April 8, 2010 at 2:20am
12 . -12 = p
- 7th grade pre algebra - Roni, Tuesday, September 7, 2010 at 5:12pm
I have a problem solving a math problem in my sons math book. We have figured out all except this one. Please Help.. I need to insert parentheses to make this xpression equial 20
- 7th grade pre algebra - jewels, Thursday, September 9, 2010 at 5:24pm
how to simplify 2p+22q squared-p
- 7th grade pre algebra - kosty, Monday, October 11, 2010 at 7:24am
- 7th grade pre algebra - bob, Wednesday, October 20, 2010 at 3:39pm
i like chicken
- 7th grade pre algebra - Mo, Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 7:07pm
that is not a legitiment question
- 7th grade pre algebra - Jake, Sunday, January 15, 2012 at 3:31pm
The Answer is: Chicken Wings
- 7th grade pre algebra - as if, Monday, April 2, 2012 at 10:51pm
haha fantastic -_-
Answer this Question
- Pre-Algebra - How do I find a linear relationship in a table? I really need help...
- Pre-Algebra(7th Grade) - I dont know how to do area on a shape if it has missing...
- 8th grade Math - I'm actually in 7th grade, but I'm doing 8th grade pre-algebra...
- pre- algebra(MATH) - I need help with pre-algebra solving equations by ...
- 7th grade Pre-Algebra - Simplify. (-5)-(-3)= Is it -8?
- pre algebra 7th grade - Please explain this problem (r.r) (r.r)
- 7th grade Pre-Algebra - Find each Product. 8(-5x) Do I just do 8 x -5 = _n ?
- 7th grade - Hi im a 7th grader and there is alot of book reports and homework in...
- Good Reads? 6th and 7th grade - Please. I need a list of Non-fiction books ...
- Pre-Algebra 7th grade. - I have prealgebra with order of operations with a line ...