Posted by John on Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 5:23am.
1. They are balls on the desk.
1-2. The balls on the desk are some.
(Are they grammatical? Would you change them into correct ones?)
2. Is given name first mame or middle name?
3. I live with my parents in the country.
3-1. I live in the country with my parents.
(Are both correct?)
4. Kate drank a coke.
4-1. Kate drank a Coke.
4-2. Kate drank a cola.
4-3. Kate drank a Cold.
(Which one is grammatical?)
5. Don bought a cup of ice cream.
5-1. Don bought an ice cream.
5-2. Don bought ice cream.
(Are they all correct?)
6. At a snack bar, can you buy wine or liquor? What food can you buy at a snack bar? Is 'snack bar' 'dining room'?
7. I bought my friend an ice cream cone.
(Is this sentence correct?)
- English - Writeacher, Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 6:00am
1. Neither is correct. Try this:
Some balls are on the desk.
There are some balls on the desk.
2. Is your given name your first name or your middle name or both?
3. Both are fine.
4. 4-1 and 4-2 are correct.
5. All are correct.
6. All looks good except that last part. You should say, "Is the snack bar the same as the dining room?"
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. The balls under the desk are some. 2. There are some balls on the ...
- Physics - You set up a ramp on your desk at home. Marbles rolling down the ramp ...
- Math for the middle school and elementary teacher - 3 red balls, 4 green balls, ...
- Math - A bag contains 6 red balls, 5 green balls and 4 yellow balls. How many ...
- Pysics - Marbles rolling down the ramp and horizontally off your desk ...
- Math - A box containing 20 yellow balls, 9 red balls and 6 blue balls. If the ...
- Intermediate Algebra - The length of the side of a rectangle desk is given by 2x...
- math - your team has two x·sq-tiles, three x-tiles, and one unit tile on his ...
- algebra - The length of the side of a rectagular desk is given by 9x-2y cm. The ...
- chem11 - Suppose you have a large supply of sponge balls with weights in the ...