Posted by Amir on Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 8:29pm.
A bus and a car leave the same place and travel in opposite directions. If the bus is traveling at 50 mph and the car is traveling at 55 mph, in how many hpurs will they be 210 miles apart.
Again please help me with the boxes, Im in advanced math and I'm not good with the boxes...
Distance Problems - bobpursley, Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 8:39pm
The have a relative veloicty of 105, and cover a distance of 210mi.
I have no idea what "boxes" means here.
Distance Problems - Reiny, Wednesday, November 5, 2008 at 8:42am
Very similar to the other one I showed you
for your bus columns:
distance = x miles
rate = 50 mph
time = x/50 hours
for your car columns:
distance = 210-x miles
rate = 55 mph
time = (210-x)/55 hours
Don't both of them travel for the same period of time ??
so .. x/50 = (210-x)/55
cross-multiply and solve
Distance Problems - Ganjina, Tuesday, February 14, 2012 at 12:21pm
A bus travels at 90km/h. how far will it have traveled after 210 minutes?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Distance Problems - A bus and a car leave the same place and travel in opposite ...
- math - distance = rate x time or d = r*t car traveling 40 mi/hr goes 40 mi/hr x ...
- algebra - How long will it take a car traveling at 60 mph to overtake a bus ...
- Algebra - How long will it take for a car that is traveling at 60 mph to ...
- Math - Two cars leave the same place at the same time and travel in the same ...
- Algebra! Help needed! - I'm having a little trouble with this problem... Please ...
- Help!...Math... - Two cars leave town going opposite directions. One car is ...
- Algebra - The distance required for an emergency stop for a car varies directly ...
- math - The stopping distance of a car after the brakes are applied varies ...
- Math - Car 1 & Car 2 leave the same location . Car 1 leaves the location 10 ...