Posted by Anonymous on Monday, November 3, 2008 at 6:57pm.
Mark is 11 years older than his sister. In 8 years he will be twice as old as she will be then. How old are they now?
Math - economyst, Tuesday, November 4, 2008 at 9:08am
M = S+11
M+8 = 2*(S+8) = 2*S + 16
M = 2S+8
2S+8 = S+11
S = 3
M = 14
Math - Alexa, Tuesday, June 21, 2016 at 6:46am
Math - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 6:17pm
Bob is 8 years older than his sister. 3 years ago he was 3 times older than his sister. How old are they both?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A. Brad is 12 years older than Sam . If Brad were 8 years older than he ...
- Math - Barry is 8 years older than his sister. In 3 years, he will be twice as ...
- Math - 2x represents that Clyde is twice (2 times) as old as Bonnie. 6 years ...
- math - Travis is 2121 years older than his sister Michelle. In 99 years, he will...
- Math - Gabriella is x years old.Her sister Felicia,is six years old than she is....
- Math - Gabriella is x years old. Her sister, Felicia, is six years older than ...
- BrainMath - Hector is 12 years old now. In 4 years he will be twice as old as ...
- algebra - Travis is 19 years older than his sister Danielle. In 14 years, he ...
- Algebra - Greg is 16 years older than his sister Barbra. In 13 years , he will ...
- algebra - A person is 3 times as old as aonther person but in 15 years she will ...