Posted by Anonymous on Monday, November 3, 2008 at 5:54pm.
find the zeroes of the equation: x^2+x-6=y
math - DanH, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 6:50pm
Start by factoring the equation. Do you know how to do that?
math - Anonymous, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 6:54pm
is it using the FOIL method?
math - DanH, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:01pm
math - Anonymous, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:09pm
so i know its foil, but i'm not sure how to foil this one out.
math - DanH, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:17pm
OK. x^2 + x - 6:
Start with (x )(x )
We have to figure out 2 numbers when MULTIPLIED by each other gives -6, and when ADDED together gives 1. can you figure out these?
math - Anonymous, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:25pm
uhhh. no. i can't think of anything.
math - DanH, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:30pm
how about 3 and -2?
So you have (x+3)(x-2) = 0
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math terminal zeroes - If a number ends in zeroes, the zeroes are called ...
- math - Find the zeroes of the function y=3x^3-3x So I factored that to y=3x(x^2-...
- algebra - Find the zeroes of each function. State the multiplicity of multiple ...
- maths - For which values of a and b , are the zeroes of q(x)=x3+ 2x2+a also the ...
- math - Find the zeroes v^2+4root3v-15 & also verify relation b/w zeroes & its ...
- Math - Find a polynomial whose zeroes are double the zeroes of P(x)=x^3-7x^2-5x+...
- Algebra - State the possible number of imaginary zeros of g(x)= x^4+3x^3+7x^2-6x...
- Math - find all the other zeroes of the polynomial x^4+4x^3-4x^2-32x-32 if two ...
- algebra - find the zeroes and state the multiplicity of multiple zeroes y=(x+1)^...
- Math: Zeroes - How many terminal zeroes will 1 * 2 *3... *50 have when it is ...