Posted by Lauren on Monday, November 3, 2008 at 5:38pm.
This assignment (below) jumped way ahead of my abilities compared to the last assignment. I think I need a parallel array or a 2D array, an accumulator or loop counter, a verification of input, and Boolean something. But I'm not sure how to write it. We're not writing pseudocode in any particular language. Here's the problem:
Design a program that grades a student exam. The exam has 25 multiple choice questions. The correct answers are: 1.B, 2.C, 3.A, 4.A, 5.D, 6.B, 7.A, 8.C, 9.C, 10.D, 11.B, 12.A, 13.D, 14.D, 15.D, 16.C, 17.B, 18.A, 19.D, 20.B, 21.D, 22.A, 23.D, 24.B, 25.C.
Have your program store these answers in an array (store each answer as an element of a string array).
Have the program ask the user to input student's answers to the questions and store them in another array.
Display a message telling whether the student passed or failed. 18 or more correct answers to pass, 17 or fewer correct answers = fail.
Then display total number of correct answers, total number of incorrect answsers, and a list showing question numbers of incorrectly answered questions.
- Intro to Computer Programming - Pseudocode - Noether, Friday, November 14, 2008 at 7:35pm
You don't need a 2D array. You probably do need a loop (although some languages have features that kind of let you avoid that).
You'll need at least two 1D arrays. (Possibly 3, depending on how you implement it)
What you need to do is this:
Get the student's answers from the user.
->Store this in an array
Compare each answer to the correct one for the corresponding question
->Correct answers also in an array
Separate the correct answers from the incorrect.
Calculate your output from this.
- yiwc ipboxmnf - yiwc ipboxmnf, Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 3:20am
vbnjgmsfa imnrxtf bwvuekgln jgnf ykslqxr mjxsvnh wygdmfo
- Intro to Computer Programming - Pseudocode - BASIC PROGRAMMING, Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 3:50am
wap to produce a report card of three students
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Programming Logic & Design - Modify the previous process to store the scores in ...
- programming - A. Write a program which reads an array of up to 200 integers from...
- math - don break a 4x7 array into a 2x7 array and another array. what is the ...
- programming - Write a program which allows user to enter 10 student names and ...
- college - Write a C++ program to fill an array with 6 numbers, and then reverse...
- Math - Don breaks a4 by 7array into a 2 by 7 array and another array. What is ...
- Programming-Array - If i have a string with a word 'today' in it. If a user ...
- programming urgent - so i have two arrays . I need to figure outh how to ...
- pseudocode - Assume that your family has 10 members. Assume further that each ...
- Pseudocode with sequential, selection and arrays - Analyze, design, and document...