Posted by Anonymous on Monday, November 3, 2008 at 1:08am.
Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center that interest you and
locate a set of materials from the database for each topic. If you choose school violence
as one of your topics, for example, you might find a magazine article that argues that
violence in the media causes school violence and a Web site that persuasively argues
that violence in the media is not responsible for school violence.
•Conduct a similar search for your second topic. When finished, you should have two
sources per topic. Note: You may use sources from any combination of the Viewpoints,
Magazines, Academic Journals, News (use sources marked Editorial and Column), and
Web sites database sections.
•Use the form in Appendix D to critically analyze your four sources. Fill out one form for each resorce.
Provide the title of the source.
o Provide the source citation. Locate the citation by clicking on the Source Citation
link at the top of the page when viewing the source.
o Identify the principal issue presented by the source.
o Identify any examples of bias presented by the author. If none exist, explain how you
o Identify any areas that are vague or ambiguous. If none exist, explain how you
o Do you find the source credible? Explain your reasoning.
o Identify and name any rhetorical devices used by the author. If none exist, explain
how you determined this.
o Identify and name any fallacies used by the author. If none exist, explain how you
o State one argument made by the author.
o Identify the premises and conclusion of the argument.
o Is the author’s argument valid or invalid, sound or unsound, strong or weak? Explain
how you determined this.
o Does the author use moral reasoning? If not, explain how you determined this.
- critical think - bobpursley, Monday, November 3, 2008 at 4:36am
This is an incredibly detailed assignment, which lays out exactly what is needed do do critical reasoning on subjects of your choice. So what is your question about it, it certainly is a clear assignment.
Answer this Question
- CRT 205 - Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center that ...
- crt 205 - Final Project: Comprehensive Argument Analysis The Opposing Viewpoints...
- author - • Choose two topics from the Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center that ...
- crt 205 - The Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center database at the University ...
- FINAL PROJECT: COMPREHENSIVE ARGUMENT ANALYSIS - TWO TOPICS FROM THE OPPOSING ...
- critical thinking - Choose from the following three topics from the Opposing ...
- business - I am having trouble picking two oppossing views in the world today. ...
- critical thinking crt 205 - Choose from the following three topics from the ...
- Critical Thinking - I am not sure how to tell in the opposing views resource ...
- Algebra help - Solve Rational Inequalities x^2-x-2/x^2+5x+6<0 I cant figure ...