Posted by Roger on Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 7:12pm.
I am doing an ap biology lab on plant photosynthesis. It's specifically lab # 4 on plant pigments and photosynthesis and it's on question # 8 on Exercise 4B: Photosynthesis/ The Light Reaction.
Identify the function of each of the cuvettes.
I already have gone to the lab bench website where it explains the experiment but it doesn't give the answer to this question.
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - Sue, Thursday, November 20, 2008 at 3:21pm
The objective of the lab is to see what is needed for photosynthesis to occur. Curvette 2 has everything we think it needs except light. So it is testing if light is necessary. Curvette 3 has everything we think is needed, so we are testing to see if that is true. Curvette four has boiled chloroplasts, so it is testing to see if the chloroplasts actually have to be biologically active to function. Curvette five is to see if any type of chloroplast are needed at all. Curvette 1 is a blank to set the spec at zero, so nothing except DPIP affects the transmittence. Next time you could talk to your teacher instead of looking for answers from some ramdon teen on-line. Who knows, I might be full of it.
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - shadylady, Wednesday, March 11, 2009 at 12:47am
then why post anything? ... retard... your answers are shady anyway
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - shady picka, Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 8:11pm
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - uhhhh, Tuesday, November 17, 2009 at 8:38pm
those answers are right RETARD
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - BIll Nye, Thursday, October 28, 2010 at 11:05pm
Look in the Cliff Notes AP Biology book
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - Anonymous, Friday, November 5, 2010 at 12:21am
What reasons can you give for the difference in the percent transmittance between the live chloroplasts that were incubated in the light and those that were kept in the dark?
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - Rick, Thursday, November 11, 2010 at 9:00pm
I found that each cuvette contained equal amounts of photosynthesis when the ultra-fertilizer is added to the solution, thus creating super-photosynthesis. Without the fertilizer only regular photosynthesis would occur and then nothing happens because no one really cares about regular photosynthesis anyways. You feels me?
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - RPS, Monday, December 13, 2010 at 11:17pm
Cuvette 1: Control factor
Cuvette 2: Bad conductor of photosynthesis
Cuvette 3: Good conductor of photosynthesis
Cuvette 4: Denaturation
Cuvette 5: Control Factor
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - Tiara, Monday, December 12, 2011 at 8:13pm
- AP Biology Lab - IDK, Monday, December 19, 2011 at 3:05pm
- AP BIOLOGY LAB - BUM, Wednesday, February 1, 2012 at 12:23pm
Answer this Question
- AP Biology - With regards to photosynthesis, if the following problems occurred...
- biology - A Scientist gradually increases the amount of carbon dioxide available...
- bio lab - Why photosynthesis does not occur in calibration tube which has water ...
- biology help - Is photosynthesis only occurring during the daytime? What happens...
- Biology III - I'm having wayyy tooo much trouble with this simple assignment. Is...
- AP Biology - I'm working on a lab to show that light reactions must occur prior ...
- science - Which of the following is true? ( a ) when plant is kept in sunlight ,...
- science - i am so confused someone please help this is a take open book test ...
- Biology - I had a Bio lab about gel electrophoresis and PCR. for each lab, we ...
- Biology - Explain how the alternate arrangement of leaves in Ivy plant increase ...