Posted by jazz on Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:50pm.
natural environment, history, and level of economic development are factors that influence population patterns. Looking at the case study on Australia, can you think of any other factors that may influence population patterns? Explain.
umm.. translation plz? :)
geo - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 4:55pm
Apparently you've read a case study on Australia, right?
The natural environment (climate, land and water forms, indigenous plants and animals), history, and how the people and the country make money help people decide where to live.
Can you think of any other things that influence where people live?
geo - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:00pm
Most people live in cities, right? Why do so many people live in cities?
geo - jazz, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:15pm
So many people live in cities because... umm... there are ... more attractions, and everything is close by?:S im not really sure.
geo - jazz, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:29pm
its ok i figured this one out i just read it over and found the answer in the book, but thx anyways ur great help!:)
geo - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:28pm
Money! Money! Money!
Jobs! Jobs! Jobs!
The major reason that people live in cities is for jobs. Rural areas have few jobs, except for farming. In Australia, as in many countries, very few people still can make a living on small family farms. Small towns typically have few good-paying jobs.
A few people also live in cities because of better schools and medical care, as well as the entertainment facilities.
geo - jazz, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:30pm
actually that does help hehe thank u:)
geo - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 5:33pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - The value of the z-score that is obtained for a hypothesis test is ...
- Life orientation - Explain in detail five socio economic factors that can ...
- life oriantation - explain in detail five socio economic factors that can ...
- SCI 275 - The Population Size explain the four factors that produce changes in ...
- life orientation - explain in detail five socio-economic factors thst can ...
- geo - the uneven distribution of population in russia is due to;a.government ...
- Population Size - 200- to 300-word response to the following: Explain the four ...
- population size checkpoint - Post a 200- to 300-word response to the following: ...
- Population size Checkpoint - Post a 200- to 300-word response to the following: ...
- Geography - What are the factors that influence population growth?