Posted by Tony on Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 2:59pm.
Does this poem have imagery in it??
A Bird Came Down
A bird came down the walk:
He did not know I saw;
He bit an angle-worm in halves
And ate the fellow, raw.
And then he drank a dew
From a convenient grass,
And then hopped sidewise to the wall
To let a beetle pass.
He glanced with rapid eyes
That hurried all abroad,--
They looked like frightened beads, I thought;
He stirred his velvet head
Like one in danger; cautious,
I offered him a crumb,
And he unrolled his feathers
And rowed him softer home
Than oars divide the ocean,
Too silver for a seam,
Or butterflies, off banks of noon,
Leap, splashless, as they swim.
- Poetry - Writeacher, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 3:03pm
Imagery simply means whatever there is that causes vivid images to come to mind.
What images do YOU see in this poem?
- Poetry - GuruBlue, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 3:36pm
Look particularly for metaphors/similes...comparisons either stated or implied. There are many of those.
Answer this Question
- English - -Inversion- 1. Down came the rain. 2. Down it came. 3. Down came that...
- English - Who did the hippo see first? 1. He first saw the bird. 2. First he saw...
- English - 1. If you are a bird, be an early bird And catch the worm for your ...
- English-Poetry - do you know any bird poems that have alliteration, ...
- english lit - why is the poem "i know why the caged bird sings" is a good poem. ...
- Math - If a 5-pound sack of bird seed is divided equally for 3 different bird ...
- Advanced Biology - If a bird has a hooked bill and sharp talons, it might be a(...
- 12 Grade Physics - A bird accelerates from 15 m/s,north to 25 m/s,south in 8 ...
- Poetry - I need help translating this poem into plain informal English and the ...
- trig - A bird at the top of a tree looks down on a field mouse at an angle of ...