Posted by Tony on Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 12:57pm.
What is the allusion of this poem??
nothing prepares us for brilliant
entrance of creature of fantasy
or object of enchantment
useless to resist its allure
always takes unawares
drawn to its fiery nature
is instantly smitten
soul’s taken to pyre
hence Icarus’ fate
and the tale of Phoenix
- English-Poetry - Angellove, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 1:00pm
I believe it's;
hence Icarus' fate.
I think I remember this from last year's literature, but just in case, I checked a definition:
The definition of an allusion is a reference to, or representation of, a place, event, literary work, myth, or work of art. (from wiki)
Hope that helps!:)
- English-Poetry - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 1:30pm
Another allusion is to the tale of Phoenix, a mythical bird that arose from the ashes of a fire.
- English-Poetry - Tony, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 2:35pm
What is the allusion about the meaning??
- English-Poetry - Ms. Sue, Sunday, November 2, 2008 at 2:43pm
The poem has several references to fire and ashes. Check a dictionary for the meaning of pyre.
This site about the phoenix will also help you.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English-Poetry - What is the allusion of this poem? What is the allusion about ...
- English - 1. Dialectical poetry is poetry that a uses a unique rhyme scheme and ...
- physics - Which of the following situations describes inertia? a. A stationary ...
- English - What is the difference between modern fantasy and regular fantasy. Is ...
- poetry - can someone please give me good links where i can find poetry to read. ...
- English - How do you know “Paul Revere’s Ride” is narrative poetry? It is a poem...
- poetry - any ideas to improve this poem? its a first draft so not very good. My ...
- poetry - i have to write a poem on what i feel poetry is or how i feel about ...
- english - The following sentence shows what element of poetry? Her fiery eyes ...
- English-Poetry - Which of these phrases best decribes rhythm? A.repeated sounds ...