Posted by jazz on Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:05pm.
Find the amount in each case.
a) 8% is 56 kg.
can u set up cross multiplication for this?
math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:10pm
a) 0.08 * 56 = ?
b) Yes. That's a ratio and can be corss-multiplied.
math - jazz, Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:15pm
but why does the question say "8% IS 56"? why wouldn't it say 8% OF 56?
math - Writeacher, Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:20pm
If it's saying "8% is 56" then your task is to find out what 100% is, I guess. So in that case, your ratio works.
If it said "8% of 56" then 56 would be the 100% and you'd need to multiply to find what 8% is.
math - jazz, Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:22pm
oh ok that makes sense. thanks so much u 2 ur amazing!
math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:23pm
Oops. I goofed. Sorry. My fingers got ahead of my brain.
I think the problem means that 8% of a number is 56 kg.
0.08 x = 56
x = 56 / 0.08
x = 700
math - jazz, Saturday, November 1, 2008 at 8:25pm
thats ok everyobdy makes mistakes! :) ok ill try it that way.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Vectors - Expand to the general case to explore how the cross product behaves ...
- algebra - Q: when graphing the equation y = 4/3x + 2, the y intercept is? A: (0,...
- Math generic rectangles - Out of all problems this one I just don't know. I ...
- Math Multiplication - What are all the multiplication facts for 60,36,48,20,25,...
- Math - Ali tosses 3 number cubes,and then multiplies the results using the ...
- Math Help - Ali tosses 3 number cubes,and then multiplies the results using the ...
- Cross-Multiply - 9. Explain the process of cross-multiplication.
- Vectors - Use a specific example to explore how the cross product behaves under ...
- multiplication - what does it mean when it says : create your own set of ...
- math - Suppose an amount increases by 100%, then decreases by 100%. Find the ...