Posted by fred on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:30pm.
The declaration of indepdence stated that all men are created equal. Yet there was a condraction in that there were slaves.
How did late 18th century americans reconcile this contradiction?
how would i organize this essay into 4 paragraphs exluding intro and conclusion
us history - Writeacher, Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:37pm
1. intro including thesis statement
2. attitudes of those who owned slaves
3. attitudes of those who didn't own any slaves
us history - fred, Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:46pm
what are u talking about
us history - Writeacher, Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 10:50pm
People who did and didn't own slaves wrote the Declaration, as well as (eventually) the Constitution. You asked how "they" reconcile their beliefs about "all men are created equal" with the slavery situation at the time.
The sample outline above is one way to deal with the question.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- history - The declaration of indepdence stated that all men are created equal. ...
- history essay - Hi i need help with this essay question. The declaration of ...
- history - "Upon what principle is it that the slaves shall be computed in the ...
- U.S.History - according to the declaration of independence, was the statement "...
- History - How should the phrase, "All men are created equal" be understood today...
- History - 5.)Nat Turner and John Brown were executed by the government for ...
- US History - For this quote " We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all ...
- U.S.History - i have to write a letter to the Continental Congress from the ...
- african american studies - Slavery and Society, 1800-1860 1. What invention ...
- HISTORY - Which answer best describes why women were active in early reform ...