posted by John on .
There is a stranger near the museum. You have to give directions to the stranger so that he or she may find the right place.
1. Show him the way to the restaurant.
2. Tell him how to get to the restaurant.
3. Show the way to the restaurant to the stranger.
4. Tell him how to find the restaurant.
5. Let him know the way to find the restaurant.
6. The man is lookin for the restaurant. Give directions to him how to get to the restaurant.
7. You should show him how he can find the restaurant.
(Are the sentences all grammatical? Would you let me know the expressions which are not grammatical?)
All are grammatical and sound fine except #3; it is very awkward, and I've never heard anyone use this phrasing.
Be sure to correct the spelling of "looking" in #6.