Posted by John on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 5:04pm.
1. Who protect our country from them?
1-2. Who protects our country from them?
(Which one is correct? Are both grammatical?)
2. There is a book shop at the corner.
2-1. There is a bookshop at the corner.
(Which one is right?)
3. Jenny is a female name, and Terry is a male name, aren't they?
4. I don't find any beauty shop in that building.
4-1. I can't find any beauty shop in that building.
(Which one is a common expression? Is #4 used commonly? Are both the same?)
5. Do you know about the movie "The Matrix"? What is the meaning of 'matrix' here?
- English - Kelsie, Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 5:14pm
For the first set, the second one is correct. For number three, the correct scentence is: Jenny is a female name; and Terry is a male name. Aren't they?
For number 4, the second one is correct.
For number five the meaning of matrix is the title of a movie.
- English - GuruBlue, Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 5:24pm
Both book shop and bookshop are used.
In #4 both are used.
Here is a definition of matrix:
"1 : something within or from which something else originates, develops, or takes form " It is from the Latin Mater or mother. In the movie by that name, something originates from something else.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - When do you feel proud of our country? 1. When I see Korean cars on ...
- English - 1. Don't ask for directions. 2. Don't ask for direction. (Are both ...
- english - Saqib doesn't know what he's talking about. he's taking money from our...
- English Grammar - 1. book shop / bookshop 2. book store / bookstore Are both ...
- social studies - help!!! What are the reason that immigrants in the 1900s came ...
- English - 1. The shop is two blocks away form this post office. 2. The bakery is...
- Economics - Based on the total world trade share with the given information, ...
- Geography - Oct. 1: We're starting the last leg of our trip. Good thing! We're ...
- social studies - Can you help me? I am stumped! We are supposed to use our book ...
- Geography - we were asked to compare two countries using a chart: children and ...