Posted by amir on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 9:29pm.
The numerator of a fractionis 5 less than twice the denominator. If the numerator is decreased by 1 and the denominator is increased by 3, the value of the new fraction is 5/4. Find the original fraction.
- math - Reiny, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 9:36pm
old denominator --- D
old numerator --- 2D-5
new denomintor D-1
new denom. 2D-5 + 3
so (D-1)/(2D-2) = 5/4
- OOPS again math - Reiny, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 9:44pm
I seem to be making some silly copying errors tonight
change to :
new denomintor D+3
new numerator 2D-5 - 1
so (2D-6)/(D+3) = 5/4
- math - amir, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 9:47pm
This is my work:
-----= -- Cross multiply you get:
2D-2 4 10D-10=4D-4
- math - jing, Tuesday, November 6, 2012 at 4:04pm
THE DENOMINATOR IS 4 MORE THAN ITS NUMERATOR.IT IS DECREASED FROM NUMERATOR AND 2 IS ADDED TO THE DENOMINATOR,THE RESULTING FRACTION IS 3/4.FIND THE ORIGINAL FRACTION.
Answer this Question
- math - the sum of numerator and denominator is 3 less than twice the denominator...
- MATH - the numerator of a fraction is one-half the denominator! If the numerator...
- Maths - When the numerator and denominator of a fraction are each increased by 5...
- Algebra - The denominator of a fraction is 2 less than twice the numberator. If ...
- Math - Help me!;/ 1) my numerator is 6 less than my denominator. I am equivalent...
- Math - The denominator of a fraction is four more than twice the numerator. If ...
- MATHS - The numerator of a fraction is 4 less than twice the denominator. If ...
- Math - The numerator of a fraction is two less than its denominator. When both ...
- Mathematics - The numerator of a fraction is two less than its denominator. When...
- Algebra - The numerator of a certain fraction is 3 times the denominator. If the...