Posted by Shalini on Monday, October 27, 2008 at 11:17am.
Present and explain five key IT/IS initiatives that should form company’s (mobile industry company) 3-5 year IT/IS strategy. You should present this strategy using Earl’s Risk & Return Portfolios taxonomy, then by briefly explaining / justifying each of your IT/IS initiatives in terms of business benefits risk and return.
i hope someone can explain to me how to do it..
i don't get any information on earl's risk and return on the net so i don't know how to answer it..i don't know what are the IT/IS initiatives to present it with the risk and return so i would be thankful if someone explains to me with an example on how to do it
- business(Information Systems Strategy) - Writeacher, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 11:43am
This isn't explained in a textbook you have for the class? Or in any other reference your teacher has named or given you? Very odd.
Well, if not, you need to learn how to search efficiently for information for yourself.
At this webpage, you can go immediately to the search sites (first three columns across the top) -- or even better you can scroll down until you see the section called HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET. Those are the links to start with. You'll not only learn how to come up with good search terms, but also how to evaluate the webpages you get as results. Some will be good and others will be garbage. You need to know how to tell the difference.
My favorite way to search is to go to Google's advanced search page http://www.google.com/advanced_search?hl=en and put my search words or phrases into the first or second search box (either "all the words" or "exact phrase"). However, there many other strategies for searching you can use, and the HOW TO SEARCH THE INTERNET section will help you best.
- business(Information Systems Strategy) - Writeacher, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 12:05pm
For example, I entered Earl's Risk & Return Portfolios taxonomy into the first box of Google Advanced and got this:
- business(Information Systems Strategy) - Shalini, Monday, October 27, 2008 at 12:57pm
hmm i did google like u said above but none of them came in hand
btw this subject im taking supposed to be a own learning module.so we r on our own..we have slides to rely on but it doesnt help much
i will try the advanced search
- business(Information Systems Strategy) - Raley, Monday, February 28, 2011 at 10:27pm
Shalini, i also am a business student and we were given the exact SAME assignment as you have mentioned above.
I too am confused as how to start and get an overall understanding.
It would help me alot, if u could help me with how you did the project?
Awaiting your reply.. Thnk u ..
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- college,Business(Information Systems Strategy) - Part 1: Strategy Development ...
- marketing - Imagine you are creating a marketing plan for a company that will ...
- accounting - MKTG205-1101B-07 Principles of Marketing Assignment Name: Unit 5 ...
- mgt 450 - could some one help me provide an example of an industry or company ...
- business strategy - What were the key elements of JetBlue’s strategy in 2008? ...
- International Business: Please Check Answer - Hi, Please help me! I need to know...
- business - Young, innovative, and high-tech firms often adopt the strategy of ...
- fuuast - young, innovative, or high-tech firms often adopt the strategy of ...
- management - young innovative or high tech firms often adopt the strategy of ...
- MIS - What competitive strategy are the credit card companies pursuing? How do ...