Posted by elley on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 9:49pm.
A glass of cold milk from the refrigerator is left on the counter on a warm summer day. its temperature y (in degrees Fahrenheit) after sittin gon the counter t minutes is
Answer the question by interpreting y adn dy/dt.
1. what is the temperature of the refrigerator? how can you tell?
2. what is the temperature of the room? how can you tell?
3. when is the milk warming up the fastest? how can you tell?
4. determine algebraically when the temperature of the milk reaches 55F(degree)
5. at what reate is the ilk warming when its temperature is 55F(degree)? answer with an appropriate unit of measure.
- Calculas HS - Damon, Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 10:17pm
1. When t = 0, we are at refrigerator temp
anything^0 = 1
72 - 30 = 42
2. when t gets big, the second term gets vanishingly small so Troom = 72
3. dy/dt = -30 *.98^t * ln(.98)
= .606 * .98^t
That is maximum (.606) when t = 0 because .98 is less than 1
4. 55 = 72 - 30*.98^t
- 17 = -30 *.98^t
.98^t = .5667
t ln .98 = ln .5667
t = -.568/-.0202 = 28.1 minutes
5. dy/dt = .606 * .98^t
.606 * .98^28.1
= .343 degrees/minute
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculas HS - A glass of cold milk from the refrigerator is left on the counter ...
- AP Biology - Explain why if you leave a glass of cold tap water on the counter ...
- Algebra 1 - the temperature at noon in los angeles on a summer day was 88 ...
- math - The temperature on one day in January for Phoenix, AZ, is 59 degrees ...
- Algebra - Stella is recording temperatures every day for 5 days. On the first ...
- PreCalc - The temperature T(t) varies sinusoidally on a certain day in December...
- algebra 2 - during a manufacturing process, a metal part in a machine is exposed...
- Calculus Help Please!!! - When a cold drink is taken from a refrigerator, its ...
- Math - Dominic arrived at work and went behind the counter at the north end. As ...
- Math - For this problem my equation is Y=70+110e^kt but i keep getting it wrong...