Posted by john on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 4:15pm.
Person A has one amount of money in his pocket, Person B has one amount of money in his pocket. If person A gives X amount to person B, person B will end up with 3 times more money than person A. However if person B gives the same amount X to person A, Person A will end up with double the amount of person B.
How much does each of the persons have in his pocket and what amount are they giving to each other?
Math riddle, I need help!! - Damon, Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 4:45pm
3A - 3 x = B + x
4 x = 3A-B
(B - x)2 = A + x
2 B - 2x = A + x
3x = 2 B - A
12 x = 9 A - 3 B
12 x = 8 B - 4 A
0 = 13 A - 11 B
11 B = 13 A
a solution is
A = 11 and B = 13
3x = 2 B - A
3 x = 26 - 11 = 15
x = 5
multiples of those will also work though
A =22, B =26, x = 10
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - Person A has more than $200 than Person B. Each week, Person A receives...
- math - four people invested in a restaurant. one person invested $1000,000. two ...
- English - 1. Take exercise on a regular basis, and you will be a happy person. 2...
- Mathematics - A travel agency offers group tours at a rate of $60/person for the...
- Math - The amount of money that a sales person makes varies directly as the ...
- Math - A person has $50,000 to invest. As the person's financial consultant, you...
- math - amee, ben, carly, and darrien are friends. darrien has no money. amee ...
- Math - A certain amount of money is equally divided between some persons .If ...
- Math - Beyounce has a stack of $1 bills,Kelly has some $5 bills, and Michelle ...
- Math - Ken started the day with some money in is pocket. After he took some ...