Posted by john on Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 4:15pm.
Person A has one amount of money in his pocket, Person B has one amount of money in his pocket. If person A gives X amount to person B, person B will end up with 3 times more money than person A. However if person B gives the same amount X to person A, Person A will end up with double the amount of person B.
How much does each of the persons have in his pocket and what amount are they giving to each other?
- Math riddle, I need help!! - Damon, Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 4:45pm
3A - 3 x = B + x
4 x = 3A-B
(B - x)2 = A + x
2 B - 2x = A + x
3x = 2 B - A
12 x = 9 A - 3 B
12 x = 8 B - 4 A
0 = 13 A - 11 B
11 B = 13 A
a solution is
A = 11 and B = 13
3x = 2 B - A
3 x = 26 - 11 = 15
x = 5
multiples of those will also work though
A =22, B =26, x = 10
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Maths - Person A has more than $200 than Person B. Each week, Person A recieves...
- math - four people invested in a restaurant. one person invested $1000,000. two ...
- English - 1. Take exercise on a regular basis, and you will be a happy person. 2...
- Mathematics - A travel agency offers group tours at a rate of $60/person for the...
- Math - The amount of money that a sales person makes varies directly as the ...
- Math - A person has $50,000 to invest. As the person's financial consultant, you...
- Math - A certain amount of money is equally divided between some persons .If ...
- Math - Beyounce has a stack of $1 bills,Kelly has some $5 bills, and Michelle ...
- Math - Ken started the day with some money in is pocket. After he took some ...
- physics - Need help with this short physics question there is a race betwen ...