Posted by Brandon on Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 11:27pm.
The local fish market is having a sale on whole fish. the prices are as follows:
You can buy an albacore and a barracuda for$21
You can buy a barracuda and a carp for $24
You can buy a carp and a dogfish for $32
You can buy a dogfish and an eel for $37
You can buy an eel and flounder for $31
You can buy a flounder and a gar for $25
You can buy gar and an albacore for $26
Determine the cost of each individual fish
i understand that
my question is what variable goes where the ? is. i think its b but i'm not sure
- math same question as before with new questions to - drwls, Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 9:34am
Many of your equations are wrong.
B = 21 - A
C = 24 -(21 -A) = 3 + A
D = 32 - (3 + A) = 29 - A
E = 37 - (29 - A) = 8 + A
F = 31 - (8 + A) = 23 - A
G = 25 - (23 - A) = 2 + A
G + A = 26
The last two equations can be solved for A, which is 12
- math same question as before with new questions to - drwls, Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 1:23pm
Combining the last two equations gives you
G + A = (2 + A) + A = 26
2A = 24
Do you see it now?
- math same question as before with new questions to - Brandon, Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 2:42pm
oh! thanks i get it now
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - so confused can you help me - The local fish market is having a sale on ...
- math - The local fish market is having a sale on whole fish. the prices are as ...
- algebra - Help! - The local fish market is having a sale on whole fish. the ...
- English - 1. I will go to a sports goods store and buy a skipping rope and enjoy...
- 5th grade Math - Need some help on a review question. The questions says: Andrew...
- Math - A study found that 27% of the fish in a river are trout, 36% are salmon, ...
- Math - If 5 fishermen catch 5 fish in 5 minutes, how many minutes will it take ...
- Chemistry - When someone buys fish at the fresh fish market, they should smell ...
- math - Three hundred fish are tagged and released into a pond. A month later 100...
- algebra 1A - at the local per store, zebra fish cost $2.10 each and neon tetras...